Thursday 16 July 2009

Waiting for the cane-cutting


Cane in bloom
Originally uploaded by morinn

Isn't it the cane-cutting season yet? I don't remember the exact month when field owners start hiring people to down sugar cane plants, but I'm eagerly waiting for the cane fields opposite my house to be cut.

Once the field is cleared I'll be having an awesome view on the tiny hills and moles of Petit Raffray. It's such a breath-taking and soothing scenery. Too bad I haven't got a picture of it but once the field is cleared, I'll be taking lots of it.

Anyway dudettes and dudes, I'll grab some patience and wait wait wait... see ya'll!

8 comments:

  1. Cool. One day, we are going to find that old sugar factory that's hiding there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just can't wait to go hiking there as well! Will you be taking your bro's machine? :P 'Cause we're so lazy you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wait wait wait :p we'll wait for the pictures then :p
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Mervin, yup but it might take a month or so depending on when the field will be cleared. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Careful, they'll have to burn everything down as they usually do before cutting everything down. So don't run around the fields when they're doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate it when they burn the cane fields though

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Sachin and Bruno, they don't usually burn the field here. They cut it manually. But once some people put fire to the canes and firemen had to come.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Methinks the harvest season starts in July? Anyway have fun running in the fields! :)

    ReplyDelete