Friday 1 May 2009

Chocolate Cup-Pies

I am not a great cook but I love eating and I guess that's enough to make me want to try out some recipes. This chocolate pie recipe is a personal one and it's simple as hell to make this pie.

All you need is:
For the crust (makes 12 cup-pies):
300 grams of flour
150 grams of unsalted butter cut in small cubes
1 pinch of salt
5 tablespoon of milk

For the filling:
200 grams of dark chocolate
10 cl liquid cream
2 tablespoon of icing sugar
30 grams of butter

To make the crust:
Sift the flour and mix the salt.
Put in the butter.
Rub the flour and the butter together. The mixture should look like moist sand.
Add the 5 tablespoon of milk gradually to bind the mixture together and obtain a dough.

Leave the mixture in the fridge for about 30 minutes.

If you are in a hurry, start spreading the dough with a rolling pin right away.
Dust the pastry board and rolling pin with a little flour before rolling, this will prevent the dough from sticking. :)

Next place the rolled and thinned dough in any pastry tin that you have and prick the dough with a fork before placing it in the oven to be baked at 210 degrees celsius for about 15 minutes on the oven's top shelf. The crust should look golden brown after coming out of the oven.

Mine are a little less tanned. :D

Note: The crust will be baked alone. The filling will be added after baking the crust.

As for the filling, simply chop the chocolate beforehand using a bread-knife and place it in a bowl.
Heat the liquid cream until it starts simmering and pour it over the chocolate. The chocolate will start melting on contact with the hot cream. :D Start mixing and add the sugar and butter immediately.

The chocolate filling is ready, just fill the empty crusts! :p

You might also use canned peaches or apricots as well sliced, grilled almonds to decorate.









After all those "hard work" it was rewarding to taste these chocolate pies. :D A little labour-day treat.
Take care dudettes and dudes and my chocoholic aliens. Have a nice week-end ahead! :p

15 comments:

  1. Wowww ^^

    You already baked your pies! They look good. Thx for sharing the recipe. I might try it someday when I'm craving for chocolate desserts! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. i tasted 2 and i can say that the pies were great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummmmyy!! i dont know a thing about cooking though

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow i feel so useless, i just woke up!
    i might try that out when i'm fully awake in the afternoon.
    thx for the recipe mo!
    as far as those pics speak, they look delish!
    have a supa dupa miam weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angele, let me know how it went if ever you try it! :D

    Loona, yup, you could have eaten more than those 2!

    M0rph, you might get into cooking from now on! lol! it's fun and so easy once you've gotten at it.

    Keli, have a supa dupa miaam weekend too babe! Hope you try out this recipe, it's close to bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look fantastic! Yum! Shame that I'm not finding enough time to bake these days!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh. I ate the pies today. It was delicious. You should make them more often. Your chocolate recipes always turn out real good. You've got the "chocolate hand". Haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovliebutterfly, I wasn't getting the time to bake as well. Luckily we got the labour day holiday today as well as the weekend ahead.

    Jevin, thanks. That's cause you love the chocolate chip cookies, huh? :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. and i was just telling my mum to bake muffins! i might end up trying your recipe now. thanks for sharing, looks yummilicious : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. i just finished a jar of nutella while watching a movie (*some chocolate still dripping*). I'm a huge fans of chocolate cakes- especially brownies- but i don't really know how to cook deserts. So what i usually do is invite my friends (girls) home for dinner, cook something easy like a chicken tikka massala or a khalia and in return i ask them to bring the desert :)...ill make sure i forward them the recipe :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rooch, let me know how the recipe went! :D

    Umar, aaah! brownies, you make me long for some right now. You've got a nice tactic at making your friends bake cakes for you. hihi!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this looks so good. miaam. have a great week morinn.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Umar, that idea of yours is genius.

    And morinn, yes I love the chocolate chip cookies... :p

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your recipe seems simple enough and doesn't take much time.Maybe I'll try this one day. :) I only made some napolitaines before but I've never posted the photos. :P

    "I am not a great cook but I love eating ... " I'm like that too. haha

    ReplyDelete
  15. That looks good! I am making tarts too! But mine is cream cheese peach tarts :) I haven't tasted one yet as I'm keeping them for later -- we have some mauritian friends coming over for dinner.

    Do you make the crust? I don't... too lazy! I just get those ready-made shortcrust or puff pastry. I only made the crust once and that was for quiche. I think I should make the crust next time as it's cheaper.

    Anyway.. liquid cream I suppose is whipping cream?

    ReplyDelete