Thursday 28 May 2009

A mother's day advert


Have you noticed this mothers' day advert? When I first saw it I kind of found it cool. It reminded me of the photo shoots from America's Next Top Model where the top model wannabes had to adopt poses which suited the "haute couture" standard.

And then eventually my opinions became divided about this poster.

Why depict a zombie-like posh mom (who clearly does not seem to be happy with the gifts she has just received) for a mother's day advert?

And have you noticed the expression of the children? The girl in the front is okay, but look at the boy at the back, he seems to be totally unhappy, with a blank expression and handing the gift in blind servitude.

I don't know what kind of message they are trying to pass with this advertising campaign but if it involves mothers who do not show any reactions to the gift they receive and children behaving like zombies, I'd better keep out of this. Haha!

Even though the concept of this advertising is original and it changes from the regular "happy-family" adverts, I don't think it suits the whole mother's day spirit.



Ah anyway dudettes and dudes and my posh aliens, what do you think about this?

P.S: I haven't yet bought a gift for my mother! Is it too late? :S

18 comments:

  1. nice but not suiting mothers day.
    the poster is very well done. the models did their job great

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first photo is weird. o_0

    It's not too late. Go and buy a gift. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Steff, yeah the models were rightly chosen ;)

    @ Aline, I think I'll find something in the days to come or else I will bake a cake for my mother! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never saw the ad, but yeah it looks totally irrelevant. And did you notice that the moms on this year's ads look young. :S

    Maybe young moms are in... Haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jev, you're not a good advert target huh? lol! That picture was taken really close to your house!

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg look at that! who are they targeting? the adams family? lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. hell yeah! the addams family! love them! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes I'm not a good advert target. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like you, Morinn, it does not go down well with me.Does not say much at all. Some nice words to get the message across will be better, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  10. no morinn its not too late ... you can still craft something by yourself for her :) if you aint got time , al cot mado to pren 1 parfum pu li :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I only like the little girl in this pic :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ Keats, yeah you are right, some nice words would have gone down better. :D

    @ Dan, I'm quite broke, can't really afford a Mado! :D I've decided to bake a cake instead. :p

    @ Carine, yeah the little girl looks genuinely happy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Its never too late to get your mum a gift, and baking a cake is sweet :) Happy mothers day to all :))

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Simplecotton, thanks for passing by.
    I did not bake a cake, I made jelly instead. A little easier! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. They tried to make it "grandiose" but I don`t think it worked, it appeared weird :S

    Have fun with the cake! :P

    ReplyDelete
  16. @ Joyshan, I think in times of economic recession, it's better to keep it simple! :p

    ReplyDelete
  17. yeah a kind of recessionistic advert (wonder if that term exists):P

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hmm, recessionictic advert, it has to be invented! Marketers badly need this concept to sell their products in present times.
    Yesterday I saw a Yello calling card advert which somewhat addressed the recession issue.

    ReplyDelete