Tuesday 19 May 2009

Holidays are coming...

Today will go down in my history as the day when Jevin tried to surprise me and I almost spoiled the surprise. So it happened thus: he arrived at Reduit at around noon and my exams were over at half past noon. Yesterday and this morning, he had asked me to call him once my exams were over today. I had absolutely no idea that he would be coming around to meet me at UOM. So I was climbing in the Port Louis bus and at the same time talking to him on the phone when he told me that he's right there at Reduit.

Making a fool of myself, I got down the bus and went to meet him and we headed to the MES cafeteria to celebrate my new-found holidays with a cup of coffee and some cakes! :D


Plus Jevin brought this really mini-mini chocolate bar from Madagascar which made me laugh a lot.




After that, from Reduit we went to Caudan and by that time it was raining heavily in Port Louis (or anywhere else for that matter), and we saw a couple of crows in the parking lot. These birds are really freaky.



I now have to catch up on some sleep dudettes and dudes and my zombie-ed aliens. I'll be in my right mind tomorrow (or maybe the day after tomorrow).

22 comments:

  1. Ahh what a day. I had fun. I feel really fresh today at work.

    Btw, that cake was not very good. But it was nice to be hang out at places we used to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah those cakes we really not delicious but my dogs had a blast with them yesterday. You know how Kushie and Zou love pastry! hihi!
    It was awesome to hang out together Jev and it was awesome how you surprised me by coming. :$

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Morinn, you wanted some sunshine and for your first day of vacation, the sun is high up in the sky! Hehehe ^^ Enjoy your holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Angele, yeah, the weather is simply great. :D I just came back from some grocery shopping and I'm gonna do some serious baking today. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. hapy holidays morina. i like your pictures. ;) ty for sending me over the previous party pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ena dimoune ena chance selman :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. i can never comment at one go in here! arg.
    yay holidays are here! can;t really figure it out though, even if i will get used to the idea soon!
    i think i'll miss MES' mine bouille lacervelle poule most. yeeks but miams.
    have a supa dupa master blaster holiday mo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know that it will sound weird coming from a Mauritian..but can you tell me the name of the round whitish things on the plate ? I can't remember the name. I really should go back to Mauritius this year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Bhavna, no probs. ;)

    @ Clive, mais oui, a chacun sa chance! lol

    @ Keli, hiih mine bouilli la cervelle! yeeks! Have a supa dupa master blaster holidays too babe!

    @ Aline, this its called Ounde or laddoos. Not sure. It was a hybrid. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really wanted to celebrate your holidays with you. That's why I decided to surprise you.

    Hahaha Keli, you are so right with the "la cervelle". I always ask not to put that on my noodles.

    ReplyDelete
  11. lol whats with the chocolate ? :P bonne vacances :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bonnes vacances, enjoy the max u can... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ Jev, is the la cervelle that rougaille thingie? :P

    @ Dan, haha, the chocolate was a mini imitation of big ones. I found the little tiny squares funny.

    @ Ritesh, thanks. I'll do my best to enjoy to the max. Won't be difficult though! :p

    ReplyDelete
  14. rhoooo bonnes vacances ^^ trop de la chance quoi ^^

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sauf que les vacances ne sont pas eternelles. :(

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's sweet :) Whether the surprise did work or did not, it's the thought that counts yeh.

    I can only recognise the ounde. What's the other yellow cake?

    HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!!!!!!!! You can bake more now huh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. @ Carine, the other cake was some kind of muffin, we ventured a try but it did not taste that good. We were grateful we did not take the large one. :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. yay! happy post! happy holidays! : )

    ReplyDelete
  19. Morinn, yes the "la cervelle" is the rougaille thing. We made the right choice by not choosing the bigger cake. The "Murphin" sticker was a good warning. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  20. Rooch, thanks!! happy holidays to you too! :D

    Jev, I told you the murphin thingie c'etait un mauvais presage! hihi

    ReplyDelete
  21. There was a great rain today...rain combined with sun ;)

    ReplyDelete