Friday 14 September 2007

Army of the Sun - Roadrunner United

I know it's a bit early to be talking about my crush of the month but hell I can't help it plus my rock n related stuff section has been neglected for too long. The song is Army of the Sun, found in Roadrunner Records' project which was launched to celebrate its 25th anniversary entitled The All-Star Sessions.

The All-Star Sessions was made possible by a team of 57 artists from 45 past and present bands working under Roadrunner's label (Roadrunner United). The team had 4 "team captains", namely Robert Flynn (Machine Head), Joey Jordison (Slipknot, Muderdolls), Matt Heafy (Trivium) and Dino Cazares (Asesino, Fear Factory).

The album was released in the US on the 10th of October 2005.

So much for the album history.

About the song:
Length : 3:48
Vocal : Tim Williams
Rhythm Guitar - Robb Flynn, Jordan Whelan
Bass - Christian Olde Wolbers
Drums - Andols Herrick




It's not a video. You'll just hear the song and see Roadrunner's logo.


And here's the lyrics:

I was electrified by your eyes as they froze
Inviting me inside of your life to grow

Everlasting setting sun
You’re my angel, you’re the only one
No one close an
d nothing compares in the end
We will be together again

I'm so mesmerized by the light you expose
Igniting a fire deep
inside of my soul

Everlasting setting sun
You’re my angel, you’re the only one
No one close and nothing compares in the end
We will be toget
her again

Darkness shall fall with the strength of us all
Darkness shall fall
Darkness shall fall with the strength of us all
It shall fall

I raise my whit
e flag
It’s the last flag I’ll ever raise
Don't stay away
Staring at you and all you are
I believe
Yeah I believe
Yeah I believe


(So much sadness, what happened to happiness...)
Everlasting setting sun
You’re my angel, you’re the only one
No one close and nothing compares in the end
You’re my angel, you’re the only one

We will be together again
We will be together again


My Favourite Part:

"Everlasting setting sun
You’re my angel, you’re the only one

No one close and nothing compares in the end"

What I see when I hear it:


Do you actually see something? twisted This picture was taken on a very trashy day when Jev and I had to trespass on some property to be able to go to our usual hangout place. It included climbing a very tricky hill which is littered with broken ceramic tiles which have the tendency to make loads of noise when walked on! Yeek.

Anyway that was my crush of the month. The song sounds romantic when seen in this angle, ain't it? :D

post signature

17 comments:

  1. Great song. You know what Phil once said about Robb? He said Robb is really good with clean parts. I guess he's so fuckin' right. Listen to Days turn blue to gray, Seasons wither and even this song to hear the clean part and then the distortion kicks back in into what a tabber called an "Epic Chorus".

    Yeah that was one great day. Our hangout place is in danger. lol
    They are cutting down treas there. Remember when your dog came there. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Crush of the month"! I love it!

    Very nice photo at the bottom. Very dreamy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jev, yup and I love the photo you took of Toops, he looked just like you! :z hihi, weird!

    Dan, hey! The dreamy photo, that's the effect of the sunlight! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah this song really sounds like a romantic one to me.No need to say it's really awesomely jolly good! :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow... Romantic song.. Wierd pic also... LOL What were you doing at the jungle? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a hard time imagining you as a rocker chick :D
    Yea, what where you doing in the jungle anyways and why wasn't I invited ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Roadrunner puts together people with such awesome talents and the result is a whiney song about being together, everlasting angels?! wtf!, where is the metal in this?? Wrong lyrics on wrong music. Just doesn't fit. Like emo on fake steriods.

    damn.

    N

    ReplyDelete
  8. we were discussing about global warming! :D

    nothingman, it's everlasting setting sun! duh! you illiterate moron! lol

    seriously, i know you've been hurt in love n stuff but what's the use of being so bitter?

    ReplyDelete
  9. yeh i didnt know the bands could play altogether wothout causing holocaust! :D the result is awesome! and Jevin was acting " le grand mechan loup " and morinn "le petit chaperon rouge "in da woods XD

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah nothingman you are probably right. I guess GWAR has the best bloody metal lyrics ever. duhhh

    ReplyDelete
  11. morph! na na, jev ki ti p zour le pti chaperon rouge! :P

    jev, what's GWAR? :Z

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey, thanks for the comment on my blog! This is a cool site you've got here...

    ReplyDelete
  13. this song rocks. It has great lyric, nice vocal and unique interpretation.love it

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have never listen to this song b4,but i like it now.

    ReplyDelete
  15. And this is a nice and cute picture of you and jevin. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. you're the devil in disguise. so fragile yet so devious.

    ReplyDelete