Tuesday 28 April 2009

Light! Light!


In this picture: Electric poles from several places in Mauritius.

9 hours without electricity during a day at home is not the most desirable thing that can ever happen to anyone. By a sheer lack of luck this happened to me today. The power cut started before 9 in the morning and ended at 6 in the evening, leaving me with nothing to do except accomplishing those tasks that I have been procrastinating for so long.

So I cleaned my desk, practised wearing make-ups and sarees and I ended up looking like a travesti, which is not a bad thing in itself cause some of them are beautiful. But I did not look like the beautiful ones. I know I know, I'm pissing you guys off by not posting a picture, which I certainly have, but you know I have this ego thing that prevents me from posting such pictures.

Aargh, enough said. I feel like I'm getting too personal, but after 9 hours without electricity I feel like hugging the machines and telling them how much I've missed them. Damn! I definitely need a shrink and rehab for that matter.

And I've made up my mind, I'll be making a list of potential activities in case of a powercut. Any suggestions?


19 comments:

  1. en plus i wanted to read hard today!!notice how light came back just i was about to light candles!lol!what!are they afraid of me or something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. next time there's a power cut i will sleep for hours!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did sleep for one hour or so though, cause I took Piriton, ah the bliss! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey i like your display pic!
    i always make lists but always fail to follow them. lists don't like me.
    i want want die die want want to see that travestite pix! what if i fell to your knees and begged?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to see that travestite pic of yours. Remember how you always have a funny story about me? Well I need one too. And that pic is the key... HAHAHAHA

    Enough said. I know exactly how you feel when you say you feel like hugging those machines.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keli, I have a feeling the list won't work with me as well. About the picture, I'll be posting it soon, once I've figured out how or else it'll be a mail! whaha!

    Jev, that's one of the reasons why you won't get to see the picture! :u

    ReplyDelete
  7. Light's come back then... So, what does it look like to be an Indian Joker ? Anybody interested in playing The great flu? Head over to my blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i laughed so much when i read this post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. sarees for what? i never try them unless there's a wedding somewhere soon. how do u manage to walk in them? and omg going to the toilet seems almost impossible to me :s
    next time there's a power cut during the day, go out and have fun :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. lol! try some gardening, hand embroidery, knitting! Or write birthday cards in advance them you'll just need to post them when the day comes (unless you only send email ones now!) ! hahah...don't mind me...just some silly suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I finally managed to have a look at the picture. And I must say, I am pleasantly surprised. ;) You look lovely in saree. :$

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ Sachin, the great flu is a nice concept! :D

    @ Steff, glad I made you laugh. Though I am sure it's all because you're visualising me as a travestite! lol

    Rooch, sarees for the wedding of my cousin, you know the one we talked about. lol, i can't manage to walk in sarees too. my mum tells me i walk like batman. haha!

    Lovliebutterfly, hand embroidery is a great idea! In fact I have some embroidery work pending, i could have completed them, i completely forgot about that.

    Jevin, thanks, those were the less messed-up photos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. well , if you want my opinion .. you could do loads of stuff during a power cut

    help jev wash the car , play texas holdem poker , wrestle with your dog , try to invent a new type of cig , try to draw a fingerprint , errrrr ..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sleep, give a bath to the dogs, taking pictures, making pancakes (unless you have an electric stove!)...

    But thinking about it, I guess at some point I would have been very bored. 9 hours without electricity ... *gasp*

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morph, lol! Weird but fun suggestions! whahaha!

    Angele, i did sleep and it was awesome. A good excuse to catch up on my naps. :P

    ReplyDelete
  16. Okay, my car is dirty because I drive through an on-construction zone. But yeah I should be less lazy and wash the car more frequently...

    ReplyDelete
  17. I meant "I drive through an on-construction zone everyday".

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jev, I actually love Jazzie's "dirty look". :p

    ReplyDelete