Friday 2 October 2009

The trip to Ile aux cerfs.

Yesterday Jevin and I went to Ile aux cerfs with my HR buddies. The day was cool; there were great friends, food, drinks and a whole lot of laughter! We first went to Flacq, then around Trou D'eau Douce to take the boat to go to Ile aux Cerfs. On our way to the boat quay Jevin realised a wonderful drift on a roundabout. I was all shaken from the experience. But Jason and Ashwin, who were riding with us, we totally happy about it. This made me wonder why guys love stuff like that. I mean it's dangerous, isn't it?




Anyway, talking about the boat trip, I was finding the first one quite long until we saw some dolphins. The chaps, however, preferred realising stunts for tourists rather than approaching us for some photos! Damned dolphins!




Then we reached the island and installed everything for the barbecue. It took a formidable team work to get on with the barbecue and provide enough grilled food for all of us, but we made it. We've been trained to work in teams, ain't it? And guess we're really good at it. :p




After the food, some indulged into a football match while most of the girls, including me, played poker. Yeah! We're totally into poker lately!




On our return boat journey, the boatman proposed to take us to a waterfall found nearby. Damn! That was amazing! It was like a trip in a prehistoric jungle. Even the birds look weird there and we thoroughly enjoyed that!




Back to the boat quay, it was the end of the day. I'm looking forward to yet another day like this, 'cause one was surely not enough!

6 comments:

  1. I have never been to Ile Aux Cerfs yet lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a long time since I've been to Ile Aux cerfs!

    My hubby is a drifter too! I cuss him everytime and tell him to do it when he is alone and not with me in the car. He used to race before - car and bike. Just like we women like cupcakes and pink they love their toys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great day! ^^ ça fait longtemps que je ne suis pas allée à l'île aux Cerfs ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow That seems like a nice day! I haven't been to Ile aux Cerfs in ages! What awesome waterfall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I would love to spend a day at Ile Aux Cerfs! I have never been there either, come to think of it, I still have so many places to visit in Mauritius! Last time I was there, I visited some places in the south and it was truly magnificent!

    And to do all that amongst friends is even better!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry for the drift. It was so intense that I actually managed to scare myself. haha

    Anyway it was a great day. Greet food, great drinks, great people, great views, great fun... And great co-pilot. :p

    ReplyDelete