Thursday 12 March 2009

A normal Independence day.

For me the day was a normal one, spent at doing almost nothing except some gardening and watching TV. The day was cool, lazy, punctuated by rain. I really love rain. When I'm at home, it's the best thing that can ever happen.





I leave you dudettes, dudes and aliens with some pictures, one of the garden, which has tremendously changed by the way, one of "goyave de chine" which I ate after such a long time today and one of "gateaux piments" which I feel should be the national Mauritian savoury, seriously! :D

Have a happy independence day and cheers! :D

11 comments:

  1. i love the gato pimientttttttttttt....
    hmm...

    btw...

    ....................
    I've got an old camphone from which I like to take crappy pictures to po
    ....................

    I believe this line doesnt stand anymore.. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sun, yeah I think I'll have to change that line one of these days! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not eaten any goyave at all since 1996 and gateau piment since 2005-2006 I think...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sachin, wow! that's really a hell of a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sachin you were out of the country or what???

    hehehe, moi monn bien fete lindependance, I woke up and got myself stoned till 15hr, then i watched Braveheart again after a long time! And it just ROCKS

    +$3|v3n

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol, 1 zour gato brinzel, lot zour gato piment :P

    haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Independence day didn't sound like independence day at all to me! I spent most of my day sleeping! Heavy rain, thunder and lightning... no better weather for my beauty sleep :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey i ate gato piment too today!
    you're right, that's one of the best thing about being mauritian, sa ek dholl purri. avek briyani ossi...
    you're making good use of the cam i see, keep it up!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the photo of your garden. I like gato piments. Salade gato piment is nice too. :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. you're lucky! Moi independence day dans travail! YEAH

    ReplyDelete