Friday 14 December 2007

Orange cookies




They are not really orange in color but they sure have got the flavor. They are orange cookies! I've made some today cause I wanted to test this recipe before Christmas. It turned out really tasty! So I thought why not share the recipe with you guys. Note: This is a non-egg recipe.

So the ingredients are:
150g of flour
1 pinch of salt
75 of caster sugar
25g of soft brown sugar
75g of margarine
2 tablespoon of liquid milk
1/2 teaspoon of orange essence
100g of lemon/orange peels cooked in sugar

So firstly I've creamed the butter in a salad bowl using a spoon
then I've added the 2 sugars and mixed till the mixture is light and fluffy
the I've added the milk to the mixture while still mixing the content of the bowl
the the orange essence has been added
and then I've folded in the flour and fruit peels
Then it was the turn of the oven to do his job :D After cooking for 20 minutes at a temperature of 170 degrees Celsius the cookies are ready!

It would be ideal to leave them in an open space and let them cool down before serving.

So long dudettes and dudes and my cooked aliens! :D hihi

post signature

22 comments:

  1. Not really orange, but they seems tasty. Bon appetit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cookies!!! ^^

    I *heart* cookies so much. I think I can be called a cookie monster.Mwahahaaa!!! =D

    I usually bake chocolate chips cookies.The classic.But I'd like to give your recipe a try.The cookies look gud!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I'm gonna be testing those real soon. :P And I am not the only one right?? Hehee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. manico, yup they've got a nice orange flavour

    angele, hehe! i love chocolate chips ones! they are my fave! :P

    jev, yup ur not the only one! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love oranges. Your cookies look good. Gimme one. Hmm, I want all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Note: This is a non-egg recipe.

    woot! woot!!! :)
    i must try then! coz most of the recipes i comes across have eggs in them...

    ReplyDelete
  7. neelesh, hehe, i'll be distributing cookies for christmas! :D

    Waz, yup i always get the same prob. that's why i try to adapt the recipe without eggs! :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. woaaah mo le cookieeeeeeess

    ReplyDelete
  9. No wonder you dream of cookies! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. http://www.qbaroo.com/scrapattackscrapbooking/images/cookieyumyum.jpg

    Give me a cookie, pleeze, it cheem sho yummy...slurp slurp

    ReplyDelete
  11. jemima yup i dream of cookies! :D

    arvind hihi yup pretty soon! :D i'll be bringing cookies at nani's place! :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. You can add orange juice as well. Vine extra bon XD

    ReplyDelete
  13. thats a great idea bbzush! i'll try it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. nice cookies, I am preparing for a competition about the Ancient Rome and I have to learn a few recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. cool! hope you learn some good ones! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. hihi.. nice recipe .. should try this one someday ..

    interesting points in that recipe : milk - aide l'appereil a devenir plus souple, et ainsi plus malleable dans le sens que l'on peut pocher plus facilement [ poche + douille ]

    hihi ..

    well, my chocolate cookies recipe [ or rather, schools :s ] :

    700g beurre
    300g icing
    4 oeufs
    900g farine
    100g cacao

    procedures differ a bit for there are eggs :s

    + the number of cookies produced .. euhhhh .. about ..150 :s

    will blog this as soon as I can ..

    hpe u don't mind me commenting, euhhh, jst someone in who calls himself lost wandererer and who's been visiting ur blog since really long time :s

    ReplyDelete
  17. I never mind comments! :D my recipe produced about 35 quite mini cookies! :D

    oui j'ai utilise une poche avec douille pour faire les formes arrondies. g pas eu de problèmes. l'appareil était assez malléable comme tu l'as dit! :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. mium looks delicious. kan to pou vine distribuer imper parti kot moi la?!!! i will try your recipe during the hols, thx.
    muaxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Am sure they are as bit delicious as they look Morinn! Merry Xmas!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my god, the return of the cookie monster 2, u've not yet seen this movie?
    Haha, the main actor is Mr Arvind and the one who created the cokie monster is Mme Morinn...lol

    ReplyDelete
  21. I was searching for this kind of cookie recipe and I want to thank you for posting this.


    Sarah.

    ReplyDelete