Tuesday 12 February 2008

Undecided - Fawkes

I was supposed to start writing something about freedom and then I ended up watching a re re re run of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets on TV. Yeah I know the books are far better than the movies. It's a universal truth, I won't disagree with that! But I really enjoyed the movie. Perhaps it was the clear image of the TV, might never know. Anyway, what I really like with Harry Potter movies is the music, it's enticing, I don't know how to describe that, it's really attractive and it keeps playing in my head hours and sometimes days after I've watched one of those movies. Hmmm... and now suddenly I've got the irrepressible urge to start reading each of those books all over again.

So about the Chamber of Secrets, I think the one who did most of the dirty job and who deserves great praises is him:


Image taken from here.

Yeah Fawkes, the phoenix. He kicks ass. After all it's him who poked the eyes of the basilisk and brought the Sorting Hat for Harry. He was the one who healed Harry's arm with his tears and who flew them all (Ron, Ginny, Gilderoy Lockhart and Harry) out of the Chamber of Secrets. So much job for such a little animal. I suggest we call PETA. Just kidding, really!

Anyway, my father watched the movie with me and he particularly liked Dobby, the house elf. He thought Dobby really looked like Vladimir Putin. Now I know he's not the only one to have noticed that! mrgreen

Aah, anyway, take care dudettes and dudes and my lovely aliens. It's past midnight and I gotta get some sleep.

post signature

14 comments:

  1. I have never read the books, nor have I ever watched more than five minutes of the movies. I am a bit ashamed :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never read the books but have loved the movies that I've seen! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys should give the book a read. its awesome! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. i dont understand why blogger has so many commenting options. :S that said, i can now cast my comment:

    i loved the book chamber of secrets. i have never watched the movie entirely. but i have been touched by what Fawkes could do in the story. it's true he deserves more recognition!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wo! nice comparison with putin! wahahha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Morinn,
    I especially loved dobby! I missed him so much after reading the last part where he dies! :(
    All HP movies are great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ahem i am ashamed too. i never read nor watched the films.
    hell he really looks like vladimir putin.

    ReplyDelete
  8. nash, yaayy!

    dee, yup the comment form is complicated! hihi

    avesh, well the discovery is not from me

    meghna, yup it was really sad when he dies.

    keli, no need to be ashamed do! mone kine overcome mo shame here by talking about it! hihi

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate HP movies. All except from Azkaban suck... (I've not even gone further than 10min on HP5) None of them come near the books...

    Anyway, Fawkes is one of my favs. But I'm really sad that he wasn't there in HP7!!!

    Dobby & Putin!!! Muahaha! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carrotmadman yeah it's really sad and quite strange that Fawkes was not mentioned in HP7. He could have had a quite significant role in the plot

    ReplyDelete
  11. After all it's him who poked the eyes of the basilisk and brought the Sorting Hat for Harry. He was the one who healed Harry's arm with his tears and who flew them all (Ron, Ginny, Gilderoy Lockhart and Harry) out of the Chamber of Secrets.

    That's deep morinn. I truly admire this. lol

    The post is awesome and your dad's got the eye.. I never heard their soundtracks but if you say they rule, they surely do.

    Uhh and I went to watch that movie when it was out. It was nice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. yup i knew you went to watch that! hihi!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like fawkes :P The phoenix is just WOW! I liked the books better than the movies (obvious =) ) Hmmm... The last movie was not that good..

    ReplyDelete